Thursday, September 21, 2006

The unique Blogger Post ID for this post is: 115886008019144796

Utah Amicus Press Conference

I found this nugget in Rob Miller's speech.

"It is a pledge that this Democrat will make and will keep. If there is an emergency that requires a tax hike, there are two other commissioners that will have to do it. Maybe even with my public support, but never my vote."(italics are mine)

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I want to reiterate what Miller is saying. He's saying the the line that he is walking may be to encourage the other Commisioners to vote for a tax, while washing his hands of the blame that comes with a vote. That is a very comfortable stand to take. It isn't taking a risk at all, and is an easy promise to keep.

It just doesn't show the spine that I know Miller has.

I want someone in office that will use their principles, not just declare their principles.

My vote is still for Bret Millburn.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.